History of Mathematics
The Mathematics Genealogy Project at Minnesota state
Uni. This project was started from 1999, it is very interesting information.
History of Mathematics This page contains lot of thing!
The four color problem
Kepler ('s conjecture) problem
The Fermat's last theorem
There are some other pages which you may find useful concerning topics related to mathematics which can be found at:
- History of Mathematics
- maintained by David E. Joyce (Clark University, USA)
- Including a comprehensive chronology of mathematicians
- Eric's Treasure Trove of Mathematics and Treasure Trove of Scientific Biography
- maintained by Eric Weisstein (University of Virginia, USA)
- A comprehensive encyclopedia of Mathematics (and other subjects) and collection of biographies.
- Math Archives History of Mathematics
- maintained by Earl Fife and Larry Hutch (University of Tennessee at Knoxville, USA)
- Many links to other sites
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians
- maintained by Larry Riddle (Agnes Scott College, USA)
- Contains some detailed biographies and images of women mathematicians
- Earliest uses of mathematical symbols and words
- maintained by Jeff Miller (New Port Richey, USA)
- Contains information and discussion on the first occurrence of mathematical symbols and words.
- Catalog of the Scientific Community: 16th and 17th Centuries
- by Richard S Westfall (at the Galileo Project)
- a searchable database of scientists including information on over 160 mathematicians.
- The Mathematical Quotations Server
- maintained by Mark Woodard (Furman University, USA)
- Quotations by mathematicians or about mathematics
- Favourite Mathematical Constants
- maintained by Steven Finch (Mathsoft, USA)
- Information on a collection of well-known, and some more obscure constants
- Brightest SPARCS
- database of scientists (ANU, Canberra, Australia) with a list of mathematicians
- AIP Center for History of Physics
- (American Institute of Physics, USA)
- A history of physics with biographies and pictures of historical scientists
- WWW Virtual Library, History of Science Technology and Medicine
- maintained by Tim Sherratt (ASAP, Australia)
- A more general history of science
- The History of Mathematics
- maintained by D. R. Wilkins (Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland)
- Including excerpts from W. W. Rouse Ball's A short account of the history of mathematics
- Ancient Mathematics
- at the Library of Congress Vatican Exhibit
- some interesting articles mainly about Greek Mathematics
- A History of Mathematics
- maintained by Len Berggren (Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, Canada)
- articles by students at Simon Fraser University
- A Visual Dictionary of Plane Curves
- maintained by Xah Lee (California, USA)
- lots of well presented information about plane curves.
- A History of Sciences related to Astronomy and references to astronomers
- maintained by Wolfgang R. Dick (IFAG, Potsdam, Germany)
- The sci.math FAQ
- maintained by Alex Lopez-Ortiz (Waterloo, Canada)
- Frequently Asked Questions addressed by the USENET group sci.math
- A Brief History of Algebra and Computing: An Eclectic Oxonian View
- by Jonathan Bowen (Oxford University Computing Laboratory, UK)
- A hypertext article with hyperlinks to the MacTutor History of Mathematics archive.
- The Math Forum and Math History resource collection
- A Virtual Center for Math Education on the Internet
- Historia Mathematica
- The home page of the official journal of the International Commission on the History of Mathematics.
- The Invention Dimension
- A resource for people who want to learn about American Inventors and their discoveries
- Centre for History of Science and Technology
- at the Université Libre de Bruxelles
- This centre organises regular conferences on the history of mathematics.
- The Museum of the History of Science
- at the University of Oxford
- The History Wing
- of the Mathematical Museum at the Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB)
- The Geometry Center
- with some excellent interactive web applications
- History of Maths lectures
- by G Donald Allen of Texas A and M University, USA
- The Science Engineering and Math Program of the University of Delaware
- A source of other mathematically oriented Web sites.
- PASS maths magazine
- This is a Web magazine containing some history and other mathematical features.
- A series of articles by Charles W Johnson on Science in Ancient Artwork.
- The Yahoo Mathematics Page
- A page of other Maths related sites
Last modified: May, 16th, 1998
Back to my HP